massage nyc


I've been floating around from one massage place to another because I haven't found a permanent place to my liking, but it looks like i can finally stop looking around the corner for something else.  Ease NY was pretty much everything I was asking for and more.

There are some places where you just feel awkward being in, even if the staff is particularly nice to you, but I didn't feel that way at all here.  Everyone is so amazing and courteous, and I felt right at home.  I opted for the 80 minute Ease massage, and I fell asleep 20 minutes into it because it was so good.  She pinpointed all of my knots and trouble spots, and got out all of them with the right amount of pressure.

Space is also vast and clean, and it's 5 minutes away from Chipotle too :)

Was this review …?
Useful


Add owner comment Bookmark Send to a Friend Link to This Review
Review from Carmen C.

Elite '13
41 friends
131 reviews
Carmen C.
Brooklyn, NY

 12/24/2012 1 Check-in Here
Great massage location right across the street from Bryant Park! We came here as our 2nd choice when our 1st (down the block) was booked up..even though they didn't answer their phones when I tried making an appt.

Anyway, came here with two friends and we only had to wait 10-15 minutes. We were all in separate rooms for the 80 minute Ease massage. We filled out forms noting our tension areas and also how strong we'd like the massage to be. Highly recommended. It's a mixture of several kinds of massages and really helped work out the kinks.

They realize that an 8 in terms of strength is different for everyone (I like my massages to be on the brink of painful...I really need those knots loosened!) so they always ask and adjust as you give feedback. The 80 minutes literally flew by for me and I felt so relaxed afterwards.

They're offering winter specials right now so I'd suggest checking out their website to see what specials are being currently offered.

Unfortunately, it was a bit loud in my room. Sounded like there was construction going on..I didn't mind so much, just had them raise the volume on the ocean waves cd lol. But my friend had the same issue with people talking (she was in a room at the other end of the floor).

Was this review …?
Useful
(1)
Funny

Cool

Add owner comment Bookmark Send to a Friend Link to This Review
Review from Chrissy C.

Elite '13
25 friends
205 reviews
Chrissy C.
CANAL STREET, NY

 12/18/2012 1 Check-in Here
run by the kindest, sweetest, STRONGEST japanese women ever!  they really try to help you figure out what pressure and type of massage is best for you.  they are running a winter special right now for their signature ease massage, highly rec!  i feel like a new person today (had my massage yesterday).

also, they have the cutest handmade gift certificates!  may buy a gift certificate for myself next time... just so i can keep the handmade card.  really adorable!

1* off bc it was a little noisy in my room.  but, its really easily looked over for the great service and excellent massage!

Was this review …?
Useful

Funny

Cool

Add owner comment Bookmark Send to a Friend Link to This Review
Review from CJ H.

0 friends
1 review
CJ H.
Brooklyn, NY

 1/17/2013
I had the best massage of my life yesterday when I visited Ease!

I consider myself a well seasoned massage patron, as I normally receive about 5-7 massages a year and from numerous locations nationally.

I have tried multiple types and pressures and found that this spa, the masseuse and the price are the absolute best I have ever received.

It was my first time visiting and I received The Ease 50-min Massage express course.

The front desk staff was efficient, friendly, and the process was quick. My room was ready immediately and my masseuse asked me a few quick questions while reviewing my chart to ensure she had the proper information about what I wanted my experience to be.

I have paid less money for longer sessions but none compared to this!
The massage was affordable ($75), high quality and the perfect amount of time.

The Ease massage is a mix between Swedish and Shiatsu mainly. I requested deep pressure (which I scaled at a 7- 8) and explained I had middle back pain on the form.

My masseuse Benny was amazing! She found the perfect pressure, she did not rush her movements and she tended to my full body while still spending unique time on my trouble area. I was amazed at how much better I felt.

The facilities were clean, peaceful and the wave crashing CD truly made me feel like I was somewhere listening to real waves. lol.

Benny checked on me by asking if the pressure was ok and after I replied she proceeded throughout the massage quietly and making no sudden movements that would interrupt my relaxation.

I cannot wait to go back and think that I will make this spa a bi-monthly retreat!!!

p.s. They send a follow up email thanking you for visiting and suggesting you come back soon and I agree I should take their advice!